At Burke Burns & Pinelli, Ltd., we have extensive experience providing legal services on a wide range of construction law issues. Our BBP construction law attorneys counsel and represent contractors and subcontractors as well as state and municipal governmental entities. We handle all aspects of construction law, including both transactional and litigation matters.
Comprehensive Counsel for Construction Transactions and Litigation
Our BBP construction attorneys stand ready to provide advice and counsel on virtually any legal issuearising in the construction context, including:
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Contract disputes and protests
- Bid and contract compliance issues
- Payment and performance issues
- Project and contract close-out matters
- Mechanic’s lien and delay claims
- Site condition issues
- Defective work issues
- Regulatory, compliance, audit, and special investigatory matters
- Compliance with public entity Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) programs
- Performance and payment bond issues on behalf of sureties, general contractors, and public entities
On behalf of our clients, BBP also litigates construction disputes and issues in Illinois state and federal courts. We handle administrative and mediation matters as well as civil court actions. Our construction litigation experience includes breach of contract claims, mechanic’s liens claims, contract delays, and defective work disputes.
For the past 25 years, BBP construction law attorneys have represented and served as outside counsel to a large Chicago-based construction business client. Our client participates in many large municipal projects in the Midwest and throughout the U.S. As a result of this longstanding relationship, BBP has been involved in numerous complex construction-related projects in the Chicago area, across Illinois and throughout the Midwest. We also have represented our client in a broad range of litigation in state and federal courts.
Illinois Construction Law Inquiries
Contractors, subcontractors, and state and local government representatives wishing to meet with our BBP construction law attorneys may schedule a consultation by calling our Chicago office at 312-541-8600 or completing our online contact form.