From financing and acquisition to sale and closing, Burke Burns & Pinelli, Ltd. has been a one-stop shop for clients seeking advice and counsel on real estate matters for more than 20 years. Our clients include state agencies and local governments, individuals, businesses and corporations, banking institutions, and non-profit organizations. Our BBP Chicago real estate attorneys handle all aspects of real estate transactions, whether straightforward or complex, including:
- Sales and acquisitions
- Complex leases
- Development agreements
- Management agreements
- Complex bond financing
- Commercial lending transactions
- Due diligence reviews and submissions
- Residential and commercial transactions
For our large corporate clients, our BBP real estate attorneys have handled leases, sales, and purchases of numerous multi-million dollar commercial real estate sites throughout the country.
Our Comprehensive Real Estate Law Experience
BBP real estate attorneys work as a team to ensure that every matter is handled in a highly professional and timely manner. Our real estate clients benefit from the wealth of experience of our BBP attorneys: Attorneys Mary Patricia Burns and Stephen Welcome have more than 30 years of experience each in real estate law. BBP attorney Mark Jamil brings 20 years of experience to our real estate practice, including six years as chief legal counsel for the Illinois Medical District Commission.
Representative Clients and Matters
The breadth of our experience and the range of our clients are best demonstrated by examples of our notable clients and representative matters, including:
- For many years, we have represented public clients in real estate matters, including the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). BBP attorneys also serve as special assistant attorney generals in eminent domain matters for IDOT.
- A national motel chain was a BBP client for a number of years. Our real estate attorneys handled matters involving acquisition, leasing, and disposition of many of the chain’s extensive real estate holdings, as well as all other legal aspects relating to the client's ownership and management of real estate nationwide.
- We represented the Village of Bridgeview in acquisition of nearly all real estate pertaining to development of Toyota Park, the current home of the Chicago Fire soccer team.
- BBP real estate attorneys represented the Illinois Medical District Commission in a number of real estate matters over the years, including the preparation of ground lease and development agreements for the Commission’s real estate holdings.
- Our attorneys have represented a large Chicago-based charter school operator in subdivision matters in front of the Committee on Zoning, City of Chicago.
- We currently represent several private developers in the acquisition, sale, and leasing of a wide variety of properties.
- Our BBP real estate attorneys have represented several national, state, and local banking institutions in a variety of commercial lending transactions and municipal bond financings involving real estate collateral and secured instruments.
- Our experience includes representing not-for-profit and for-profit corporations in negotiation of complex bond financings involving real estate as secured collateral.
- BBP real estate attorneys recently represented a local municipality in negotiations with private developers for a vast commercial project.
- We represented a local municipality in conjunction with the Army Corps of Engineers in a multi-site land acquisition and condemnation project involving numerous residential and commercial sites.
- Our BBP attorneys handle real estate matters for a private film studio based in Chicago. We also have represented the studio in negotiating street and alley vacations with the City of Chicago for purposed of filming.
- Our BBP attorneys provide general counsel services to Turnstone Development, a not-for-profit development corporation formed by the Housing Authority of Cook County for the purpose of developing housing for low and moderate income residents of suburban Cook County.
Illinois Real Estate Law Inquiries
Individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations, and municipalities wishing to meet with our BBP real estate attorneys may schedule a consultation by calling our Chicago office at 312-541-8600 or completing our online contact form.